Reply by American Income Life

We're sorry you did not enjoy your experience with our company. Each Office operates independently and, therefore, each location is different. We hear your feedback and will pass it onto our Agency Division.
Author's
2K views

I was called for an interview and hired... I was told this is your agency you are building.

work what you can. The truth of it is YOU WILL WORK 6 DAYS A WEEK 12 HOURS A DAY OR BE FIRED. YOU WILL WORK HOLIDAYS OR BE FIRED. YOU WILL WORK WITH NO NOTICE OR BE FIRED.

You are told plenty of lies to get you in the door. Truth of the matter is you work when they tell you to. They will say it is your business because you are a 1099 worker but you will do what they say or your gone. They dont care if you have family matters to attend.

They do not care. All personal conversations in the office are monitored. If you get on your cell or talk to a coworker they demand to know what was said and who you were talking to.

Not to mention the owner is banging the secretary.

How unprofessional is that? You are a slave to your job working at least 72 hours a week. Kids got things need to be done? To bad.

Wife or husband need you home? To bad..

Comments

Shreveport, Louisiana, United States #674077

I think that 1 complaint for our office is pretty darn good considering how long our office has been around and that we grew 86% last year. We have had to let several people go for nonperformance, laziness, bad work ethics, no integrity.

If we are so bad, then why did I get a "Thank You" from someone today that is no longer going to work for us and wrote how much he had learned from our company and how much time we spent with him to make sure he was trained properly and was successful. I have an agent that was terminated about a year ago for integrity issues and work ethics. He recommended our company to his brother and his brother works for us now. How he must hate his brother to send him to such a horrible company!

Go figure! I know who wrote the bad comment about our office. He was let go. He hacked into our database.

He was not trustworthy, with lots of integrity issues. He had the personality of a sad, intreverted turtle. I was receiving phone calls from the people he was seeing that he was rude and had a horrible personality and that we better NEVER send him back out to their house.

All I can say is that AIL has been very good to me and my family and I am blessed to be a part of such an awesome company that does care about if we are successful. We get recognition, bonuses and promotions based on what WE do, so that should tell you what the others were doing that weren't successful....not what they were supposed to be doing.

Bossier City, Louisiana, United States #616072

This is coming from a disgruntled employee. One who is obviously bitter about losing a great job and is now jobless and or working for scraps.

Your pay and your livelihood is based on YOUR performance, so yes, in essence, you are building your agency. I've been with this company for years now and all this bad mouthing is bogus. In fact, I'm 100% percent sure that the individual that wrote it: 1) never showed up to work on time or participated in meetings 2) would not answer managements phone calls when needed 3) could not perform as expect for themselves or the company 4) is the same person that upon being fired told the owner and other staff that he would wait outside to bad mouth the company to anyone going in the building. I guess he didn't have the spine for that and felt the internet was a safer bet.

So, I ask you...are any of the four mentioned points your idea of professional? Enjoy your scraps!

wghholtrad
to Anonymous #616199

What does "building an agency" mean. AIL issued a press release where they stated that the average agent that remained contracted for 12 months earned gross $47,000 in that period.

That is not first year earnings, that is any agent's average earnings. That is gross earnings before paying car expenses, computer expenses, internet expenses, cell phone expenses, travel expenses, and self employment taxes.

On average that places most agents below the poverty level. Opportunity Unlimited.

neldag
to wghholtrad #644997

what "building an agency" means is multilevel marketing

Some agencies do this and some don't. It is a common practice.

comments