Reply by American Income Life

We have contacted independent contractor Virginia Lee and she has indicated that she explained to Mr. Dauwalter that cash value would accumulate after the policy had been in force for 3 years and if he canceled at that time he would receive the accumulated cash value. She denies telling Mr. Dauwalter that the policy worked like a savings account where he could get his money back at any time.

We also spoke with Mr. Dauwalter and relayed the agent’s statement and Mr. Dauwalter was satisfied with the explanation and the matter was resolved.
Author's
Carver, Minnesota

When I signed up for the policy. I was told that I could get the money back at any time.

Well, when I cancelled it for that very reason, they told me that I would get none of the money back. I am 30 years old, so this was a complete waste of money. I called them to get the policy information after I cancelled it, because I had lost the original documents.

Lo and behold, they have sent me nothing, even though I recorded a conversation that says they will send it.

I am going to keep calling them to harass them about sending me my policy information. As a consumer, I feel it's only fair.

Reason of review: Scam.

I didn't like: Lied to me.