Reply by American Income Life

Thanks for taking time to share your story. We're sorry you're frustrated, but assure you this is a great career for countless agents. Visit http://ailcareers.com/american_income_life_insurance_company_success_stories_video_testimonials.aspx to see why.
Author's
8.9K views

Went to 2 interviews , after second interview was told I had a third interview the following week.I was never called so I figured hey maybe they didn't like me for some odd reason .

I called a couple weeks later to follow up and they said they had NO record of me even being there ( very strange ). Then 3 weeks later I get an email from a Don Foti telling me they want to meet with me? Then I got a call the next day to set up an interview , I told them I had already been there twice . He the told me oh there must have been a mistake and that they wanted to meet with me , they had no problems pulling my paper work ( after I was told 3 weeks earlier they had no records of me being there) .

Keep in mind I took off two days from work to interview , this is a SS# collector and a true SCAM , I never showed up for the interview and the calls stopped after a couple weeks.

Just today I got another email from Don Foti ( general manager) saying they wanted to meet with me .Stay away ,,,,,oh and one more thing in second interview they asked me to use my car and my personal lap top to be considered for this job.

Had an Experience with American Income Life?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #791620

My union sent me a postcard recommending AIL.So I sign up and pay for 6 mos.

thinking it a reputable company. Then one day 2 men show up at my front door asking to "re-new" policy. One of then asked to used the restroom and one started questioning me about my job and family and health. Restroom guy says he "noticed" prescription bottle in bathroom (under sink cabinet and 2 yrs old) and what was i taking antibiotic for.

Told him it was from cold 2 years ago. He said it might affect the amount I pay monthly. My B.S. alarm went off and I told them to leave.

I cancelled my policy same day. Two days later they called and asked if I anted to increase coverage. I told them I had ended my policy and they said they had no record of that. Long story short, another 6 mos.

to close bank account and have bank retrieve illegally obtained auto payments that I had stopped. If a company shows this much dishonesty and deception only 6 mos into relationship...how forthcoming will they be in honoring their benefit obligation to my family in the event of my death. After educating myself on insurance, I know AIL to be a 3rd rate, half-a*# company.

Run, children, Run!!!:x

to Jack Reacher San Antonio, Texas, United States #823469

I think you just had unprofressional sales reps. So sorry.

Los Angeles, California, United States #724229

The best way to deal with these dopes is to always schedule an interview, early in the morning, and simply don't show up!

If they call you right before the interview to see if your still interested, tell them absolutely, and confirm the interview time. Also tell them that you look very forward to meeting with them.

Eventually they'll realize that they're wasting too much time, and will figure out another way to rob people. :grin

I recently worked for AIL for a month before quitting.I did think it was a bit odd that every day I walked in there were people being interviewed, but I tried to keep a positive outlook.

When I started field training, I was, in essence, more of a chauffeur for one of the managers. I would drive him to his meetings, whether it was 10 miles away or 80 miles away, losing tons of money on gas. I did this continually for weeks. He never drove one time.

He did give me a whopping $15 one time. I never felt that he was trying to get me out of training. I was needed 30 referrals to get released, but I was not getting any opportunities when I was going with him to meet with customers he was trying to get additional coverage. Also, I did not think everyone in the company was doing what he or she thought was best for the clients.

After one death claim I went to with my manager, he said, "I probably could have gotten another $500 if her son weren't there." The lady had just lost her husband, and his main concern was trying to profit off of additional coverage that he told me she did not need. I will say there is plenty of money to be made in this company, but in many cases, I do not believe the ways to maintain the money is ethically sound. If you are thinking about working here, I would give it some thought.

Believe me, it is not what they say it will be during their interviews.

to Steve San Antonio, Texas, United States #823468

Which office and state was this?

I keep getting the e-mails now i just ignore them..

Denver, Colorado, United States #690193

I just had my first interview with AIL this morning and I thought they sounded like a good company.But after reading all the posts, I am extremely concerned about going on the 2nd interview next Thursday.

I don't want to jump from the frying pan to the fire.

I think I may cancel my appointment for next Thursday.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #682420

I just got a call from this company saying the director found my resume and was very takin away by it..it's the crappiest resume I have..then I redid it and my updated one looks way better!So if he was takin away by it something is wrong here.

I had an interview set up for Thursday at 9 told I would be there until noon. Then I get an email from a secretary named Sharon saying they can't meet with me on Thursday can I do it Friday. I emailed her back and told her yes. I am working and had to tell my boss I had an appoinment.

After reading about this company should I go or should I say screw it.Sounds like a good job to go help people with applications at their homes....HELP!!!

Dallas, Texas, United States #676817

I've gotten 3 or 4 invitations to schedule interview with a representative from this entity; however, I had to miss my first and decided not to reply to the rest. I do find it strange that a litgit business would initiate this many contacts, especially when they are not getting back any kind of feedback. I'm glad that I performed the online search first.

I was recruited by this company off of Monster.At first I was excited by the opportunity, but as many have mentioned, they lie to you about the position you are being offered.

I was told there were many positions available, and during the 4th interview was told everyone starts out in sales. They don't like to call it "sales" because they don't want the customer to feel like we are sales people. I just was "hired" this past Friday, but we didn't receive the link to start our classes for our license, so our hire date is being changed to today, the day of our first "office" meeting. They expected us to start our classes Saturday so that we would stay on schedule.

I sent an email today declining the position, because as many on here have said, I had a gut feeling something wasn't quite right.

IMPORTANT: NOT ALL OF THE LOCATIONS REQUIRE YOU TO PAY FOR YOUR CLASSES AND LICENSE. THIS LOCATION DECIDED TO PAY FOR MINE AFTER THE 5TH INTERVIEW. THIS IS HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH NOT PAYING YOU FOR TRAINING. ALSO, THE PROFILE THEIR CANDIDATES.

THEY WILL PUT YOU IN A ROOM WITH A REPRESENATATIVE THAT MOST FITS YOUR STYLE OR PERSONALITY TO MAKE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE IN YOUR DECISION. THEY ALSO EXPECT YOU TO PAY FOR YOUR OWN GAS, MILEAGE, AND USE YOUR OWN PHONE AND LAPTOP FOR WORK. THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOUR BASE PAY IS $175 DOLLARS TO PAY FOR GAS, BUT DON'T BE FOOLED, BECAUSE THAT $175 IS NOT GUARANTEED.

THEY ARE TRAINED TO SKIRT AROUND THE QUESTIONS...

comments