Reply by American Income Life

We hear your feedback. We believe our Company's ability to provide career opportunities and coverage to middle income families speaks for itself. Head to http://www.american-income-life-giving.com/ to see more of the good work we do.
Author's
1.3K views

The truth is that AIL is rated the top insurance company to work for by yahoo hot jobs and is ranked 33 out of the overall top 100 jobs by yahoo hot jobs. All of you complaining obviously sucked at selling insurance.

You are probably a bunch of idiots that didn't even know your presentation. Stop whining and get on with your life. All the money that you spend goes toward state requirements, not the company. And if you assume that its going to be riches beyond your wildest dream, then you have selective hearing and are ignoring all of the rest of it.

I've worked at AIL for 8 months and have already recieved a promotion.

Its been the hardest I have ever worked, but also the easiest money I have ever made. If you cant do it, dont blame the company, blame yourself.

Comments

I got stuck going to one of there hireing bonanza's due to a listing on monster. .

. . . .

"Manafacturing jobs 20+ hr". . . .

. Yea out of work gm employee last earnings 88273.08 sitting next to a guy from wendys across from the buggy getter from walmart. Felt tottal shame for my family being there then I got to thinking what in the sam *** do I know about insurance. .

.the 19 yr old wareing a cheap walmart suit that 2 sizes big what the *** does he know? And they wanted me to go door to door . . .

. Sure if your silverado's or yukons 5.3 l needs machine work ok but wtf?

Lots of people have different experiences with different companies. My experience was that I was a young kid looking for a job to make good money and posted my resume on careerbuilder.com.

AIL contacted me and had me go through 2 interviews. Most insurance companies will hire just about anybody with a pulse, so I was sold on their presentation that they showed me. I thought, wow, I want to buy this insurance so it should be easy to sell. As I started the job, I didn't know that I was going to have to put money into it for my license and not get paid for like 2 to 3 months because of training, but I got through it.

When I went out on my own, i wasnt very good at first but got better and better. In the 3 to 4 months of being in the field, I made 12k(my 1099 says). While in the field, I felt like I was tricking people too much. We called about providing free benefits to the union members.

Then when we got in the house, we gave them 1 to 3k in accidental life, a discount program for dental and vision, child safety kits(worthless), and then we told them about this additional benefit that their union is providing to them that ranges 9 to 20 per week based on their wages. This wasnt actually from their union but from the company. I found it all to be very pushy and lies. I made good money doing it.

Usually about 600-1000 per week. But after awhile, we started running out of leads, luckily i was great with getting referrals by saying that they will get the free benefits as well.

Soon enough the whole office switched to another company. Hope this helps someone.

Fear Based sales pitch!! This insurance company needs to step into the present time! Hello, we have the internet now.

The "Child Safety kit" is just plain scare tactics!!! I was practically attacked by this insurance guy demanding that I was being foolish by not taking the *** kit! The facts are this, my child gets abducted, I call 911 first. I have current photos on my *** phone and face book. DNA is a nice to have, but it's used when you need to id a body. Keep a tooth from your child. The salesman acted like I need to have access to it asap!!!!!

Ridiculous!!!

I have been training with AIL and I love it. The people are so nice and they were very honest about things up front.

I cant see why people who are informed about the process are upset about anything! You have to invest in a license that is YOURS to take wherever you want. Its like anything else you earn in life. The job is difficult but not because the company is bogus or the leads are ***, but because of the general perception of someone calling your phone that you dont know.

The company really does a service for people. The no cost benefits are wonderful things to have. The policy presentation can very easily be turned down, but the truth is people need to hear it. 90% of Americans are underinsured.

Death is not what people live for, but it will happen to all of us. People should be informed and think about what happens when they die. The products are good and the staff is awesome. The leadership in the office I work for is wonderful.

I cant wait to do a service to people who need it the most. The union workers and their families are those who probably wont have the savings to pay for final expenses. The people who are saying awful things are either ill informed, or had a bad personal experiance. That is not the company's fault, its the person who gave you a bad taste's fault.

Im sorry for anyone who does not understand this job and the company well enough to make a truely informed statement about them. It is a great opportunity for a great company.

to ARAIL Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States #703339

I read your comment from last October of 2012. Do you still work for this company?

Please let me know, as they want me to come to an interview. Thanks so much!

DEAR Concerned Candadian Customer,

You are an ***, if you want to see how our AM best rated company is doing check out our stocks... I swear the people on this site are idiots and probably couldnt sell water to someone dying of thirst.

everything written is true, and more

#193491

They went through my union USW & let me tell you people are pissed!!

What a tawdry company & that’s saying the least.

If this individual is an example of the professionalism requirements of this company, I am canceling my appointment immediately. Idiots, that's nice.

I would like to thank the Matt Henderson agency in Tampa for having given me the opportunity to work for them. You are told about the initial cost of becoming licensed, not out of line for the industry at all; we were not offered reimbursement. Extenuating circumstances led me in my decision to leave before I even had the opportunity to see how I would do in my efforts to sell their product. I had too long a down period due to someone else being hospitalized between class and field training, I did not have the funds to continue the spending that you absolutely must do, without knowing that it would see a positive cash flow rapidly.

I do agree with many of the complaints about them, however, they do provide an opportunity for many for whom finding employment is extremely difficult. I would like them to work on bringing their marketing effort into the 21st century, and more into line with today's higher ethical standards. They do sell a valuable product for their target market, and I have chosen to believe my manager in her claims that the company pays claims quickly.

Clearly working for AIL is what you make of it. You do need to be prepared for your career to become your life and at the beginning, you absolutely will most likely put in far too many hours for far too little earnings. If you can stick with it, however, the potential is enormous.

All that needs to be said, is that for an insurance company that "only sells to unions, associations members and families," it is amazing that every person in the USA is qualified to buy their product.

You must buy this now, as I cannot come back...should be enough to discourage every reasonable human being from making the purchase.

Child Safety kit--please. Take a photo of your child , print it, write on it their critical info Name, DOB, Wt,Ht, eye color, hair color, scars, moles, etc. Keep it where you know it is, and you now have your very own homemade Child Safety Kit--oh, you need to fingerprint your child as well and provide their DNA.

I received a call last week from AIL about a free safety kit. I wondered why it couldn't be mailed but instead brought to my home.

The manager conducted a sales pitch of insurance and kept us for 2 hours into the night.

In reading and researching the experiences of others, I do not feel comfortable changing my State Farm insurance to an unstable company like this. There are more bad than good mentioned on this company....I don't think so!

Everyone's time will come when they pull the plug on the leads and starve you. It is how the company is structured.

They feed agents in the first 6 months brcause that is when managers make the most bonus of their agents. After that the leads become fewer and more recycled until you are basically running around spending money and not making a pay cheque. They want you to quit so the managers can take your policies and reap the renewal money.

The person I know that worked there made great money for about 8 months and then they starved her. It is a pyramid scam and the only ones that get rich are the ones at the top.

I just recieved a call from one of AIL's recruiters. They said they saw my resume on Hotjobs and that I would be a good candidate for some positions they are hiring.

I asked him directly if it was a sales position and he said it is more educational than sales. Looking at their website first, and now the comments on the company, I see it is sales driven. I have done this before, they promise you the world but give you little to no training, and as an "independent contractor" they get around numerous minimum wage laws etc.

I am still going to the interview, but will go in much more educated and aware of what I am getting into. Thank you all for your comments.

this company recruits off of job websites and tells you they are trying to fill "several" positions. The reality is that they are only hiring for sales and it is 100% commisssion based.

While that is normal for insurance companies, they don't tell you that you are signing any free time or family time away. While they preach balance, they will constantly text you and call to see how much you have sold. Their training is slim to none and they will use you to set appointments for people trying to work their way up to the top on your back. Some of the managers will steal your leads and "fail" to pass on business that is yours that you need to follow up on and then recode it to themselves.

They go thru people like water there. They recruit heavily because if they didn't there would be no one in the office! If you have a family you will not have time to spend with them. If you have not made your numbers by the weekend, you will be expected to work thru the week end.

A typical day will be from 8 to 9-10 at night-every night. They will give you lead packs that are leads several years old with discon. phone numbers etc. You are selling to people that for the most part are lower income blue collar and they are consistently canceling their policies because they can't afford the 30-45.

a month to protect their families. You get money taken away from you every time this happens and not only that if you have gone up to a 15% bonus, you then will go back down to a 5% bonus.

Learning the script correctly has alot to do with your success but in the long run it is alot more than that you will be sacrificing. You can expect at least 6 weeks or more of making no money while you are getting licensed and training etc.

Last week my husband (mid 40'S) told me that he wants me to be financially secure in the event that anything ever happened to him so he told me that he signed up for insurance through his work. I thought nothing of it until today...

I came home today and there were two messages from American Income Insurance DEMANDING (in a really nasty tone) that my husband call them back because they needed more information.

Now I have worked in collections before and I NEVER heard anyone leave such a loud obnoxious message to somoneone who owed money, much less a POTENTIAL CLIENT in my life!

This unprofessional attitude peaked my interest to research this company bit to see just what kind of company my husband got mixed up in.

After coming across numerous sites that say this company's recruiting tactics are deceptive at best, and comments posted by sharks like DANKINS I am telling my husband NOT TO HAVE ANY DEALINGS with these bottom feeders!

After coming across numerous sites that say this company's recruiting tactics are deceptive at best, and comments posted by sharks like DANKINS I am telling my husband to have any dealing with this company.

I applied for the position of Office Manager, on the posting at the Job Bank website said “Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 Yearly for 40 hours per week, Bonus, Commission, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Vision Care Benefits”.

The manager who interviewed me saidthat everybody start as an agent, and then I could apply for the office manager position.

He explained to me how much I could be making as a agent and how well the product sell. After al that explanation I agreed to go ahead and he explained the cost of the at home package training and said “don’t worry we will give you that money back as soon as you pass the provincial exam and get your license”, so I paid $705.75 to this manager for the at home package training. There were tow more expenses I was not aware, one was the $84 for the provincial exam (which I had to pay out of my pocket) and the other one was the $150 to apply for the license (which I had to pay out of my pocket as well). Over all I spent $939.75, and after being "in training" for a month just got in my bank account $17.

I think this is a good reason to quit this job and to say that AIL IS A SCAM. AIL make their profit from recruiting people and taking our money.

I have been employed by the same company for over 30 yrs, & am federally mandated to be licensed. The COMPANY that I work for PAYS for my training, including sending me to the midwest for 2 wks.

Any type of LIFE INS.

is a gamble/bet, just like Las Vegas, you're hoping that you don't die so soon, but if you do, & you've paid all those premiums, someone else (not you) gets to collect the money. Goe to the horse races, you have better odds & at least some enjoyment!

you will be better off working for walmart once you realize you are a lier and a cheat not selling but offering insurance as a lie as to being benefits you are entitled to as a union member NOT anyone can but your ovrpriced ins. esp the 10yr r and c

comments